Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Dreaded Accident

Well I was in a car accident recently and let me tell you that the experience has been nothing but horrible. First my car is older but I take very good car of my baby. But even still on a college student budget things sometimes get forgotten. Well I I was in this accident that totally ruined my bumper, and a day after the accident my car starts popping and straining trying to take the hills around town. This is OBVIOUSLY accident related because my car wasn't doing this before. Well the insurance company for the person who was at fault calls me and the first adjuster was really nice and helpful, at First. So she sends me to a body shop who then orders the parts to replace my bumper... Now here comes the weird part. The body shop that I went to was on a dealership, but they can't look at the mechanical problems that are wrong with my car. I have to go to another shop and have the work analyzed and if they don't FEEL that the repair work is accident related then I have to pay the shop for even looking at my car. This is just plain craziness ( my catch phrase).
Why should I have to pay someone to find out whether or not you are responsible for these damages. It is obvious that they are, and if anything they should want to minimize the amount of work that they really have to pay for by regulating the repairs (i.e. choosing their own mechanic, shop etc.)
But thats not all. So I go in to have my body work done and they send me to get a rental car for the day while they complete the repairs, so I get to the rental car company and they ask me for a $25 deposit (Whatttt) No one happened to mention the fact that I would have to have a deposit.... what if a didn't have any money on me ... more specifically a credit card... for Gods sake I am a college student., and then they tried to sell me insurance on the rental car. What are they thinking!!!????
I will never, never, ever get into another accident because this process has been horrible.

No comments: