Thursday, May 31, 2007

Old Relationships.......

Have you ever just sat around with friends and reminisced over old relationships whether good or bad.
I had just such an evening tonight and I was amazed how much you forget when you are not thinking about it. You tend to remember the good time and how much the little things meant to you at the time.
My first love.... or the first time that I realized I was in was one of the brightest points in my life. I realized that one of the things that I really appreciated was the fact that he walked me home from school everyday... I was so cute and so special to me. It was also one of those things that can't be repeated now. I drive everywhere I go and the walking home has ended but the gesture was so grand that it is amazing that it came from a high school student.

I think that as we get older we forget how true love can be; we forget how to do the grand gesture.... we think less about the other person in the relationship and more about ourselves and the why we think we should be feeling.
For once I would like to experience the innocence of a new relationship again. To not be encumbered by the politics or whether sex will be involved because the situation is just innocent.
But right now I am just watching and praying and waiting on God to provide me with the love of my youth.... that innocent, breezy love that we forget about.
Peaces

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It won't ever be innoent again.