Sunday, December 20, 2009

Old Problems, New Beginnings

So lately I have been reviewing some of the things that I have done over the last couple of years and I realize that I have just been existing. Yeah I have a job, make ok money, and have my own place. But I am not happy because my goals and dreams have not been actualized. There have been a number of times in my life where I have given up on my dreams and moved on to other things. But the one thing that I have never shied away from has been my education. I was telling my mother the other day that I had this confidence that defied understanding. It was like I knew that as long as the dream involved my brain and school work that it would come true and I would succeed. Some people would call this being cocky, but it was this confidence that kept me motivated and striving to reach my goals. My ultimate goal in life was to go to medical school and become a physician. Well somewhere along the lines during my first year of medical school I lost this confidence, swagger if you will, and that affected my grades and my goal. Now here I am not in school and unsure of the next step in my journey. I am dissatisfied because I don't want where I am now to be the end, I want to keep pressing on. Get my dreams back on track and accomplish my goals. The problem is that I don't know where to begin.

How do you recover your swagger, and remain above enough to keep pushing forward, keep innovating?

I was looking at pictures taken of me and I realized that I look broke down and depressed. nothing like myself as of 3 years ago. I was fresher, faster, lighter. I wish I could just shed some of this eck... and move on.

Any suggestions.... man I need my swagger back.

No comments: