Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Home Buying and Study Skills

I am feeling kind of lowed today, I studied all night and I am still behind,,,,, help. I really need to catch up. If I don’t then I don’t think that I’m going to be able to make it.
So my father called me today during the break between my lectures. I was shocked because he was calling me about a house that he had found for me. I really would like to buy a house but I don’t know how I would qualify for financing. I mean I am not working right now and I am being supported by student loans. So no documental income, this poses a real problem in establishing a mortgage. So he calls me about a house that is running for about $42,000, but my father is always rushing. He wants me to go there today and look at the house. I really don’t want to get his hopes up or the hopes of the women that is selling the house because I would still need to get financing.

This was the same reaction that he gave me about buying a car; I don’t want that to be the case in this situation. I guess I am a little more mature and I want this at this moment a little less than I wanted a new car.  I was thinking a lot last night while I couldn’t sleep that I really would like to buy the house that is next door to my mother. My uncle tried to buy the house a couple of years back, but the house had just been sitting there rotting and growing over. I would love to buy it and take the time to restore it to an even better condition than brand new. It would be a blank slate that I would be able to do whatever I wanted to it.
Some would say that I would get my money back from the venture, but I think that I would just enjoy the fact that there was a house that I owned and that was exactly what I wanted it to be.
So I am going to go today but I won’t get my hopes up and I will take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing serious.

No comments: